Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Official Day One

THE PLAN: Eat less & smarter. Exercise 3-5 times a week. Weigh-in & BP check every Wednesday. Re-test Cholesterol, etc. in 3-6 mos. Weight goals are monthly (based on 2 lbs. a week average), with an aggressive end-of-year goal of close to 60 lbs!!!


Monday, June 22, 2009, was the official Day One of my Diet & Exercise plan! I still haven't gone to the grocery store (even though I've been planning to go for the past 3 days!), so my meals yesterday & today were not stellar.

Breakfast: Lean Cuisine panini
Lunch: Salad plate-sized shrimp/alredo pasta (Ruby Tuesday leftovers)
Snack: 16 Reduced-Fat Wheat Thins
Dinner: Half a baked potato w/salsa & about 1 Tbls. of Reduced-Fat Breakstone Sour Cream*
Snack: Small Salad after workout (fat free ranch)
Fluids: Water, water, & more water!

I worked out with Hollee (my Best Friend/FREE "personal trainer") for just under an hour. I consider the work-out a success b/c I didn't pass out! We did 4 "circuits" of cardio and 3 "circuits" of abs. I would have done 4 circuits of abs if I could've stopped laughing and balanced myself while attempting ball/wall crunches. I could consider the fits of giggling an ab workout, but I won't.

Although my groin muscles hurt from the lunges, I still consider the Line Jumps the devil of the workout. Who would've thought that jumping a tiny, little piece of tape could be so hard?!

*Note: 1 tablespoon of sour cream is a HUGE success for me, since usually, I would use, oh, I don't know, 1/3 cup!!! And, I will also note, that I liked the salsa so much, I probably won't use the sour cream in the future! :)

TODAY (Tuesday, June 23, 2009) is Day Two.

I woke up feeling good -- only my groin muscles are a slightly sore.

I was supposed to go to the grocery store last night after our workout, but I ended up visiting with my aunt & it got late. So, I'm SUPPOSED to go today after work . . .

Breakfast: 2 cups milk mixed with Carnation Instant breakfast (not great, but it's all I got!)
Lunch: Big ol' salad with about 4 oz. of broiled salmon (fat free ranch)
Snack: I'm hungry, so I'm about to eat 16 Reduced-Fat Wheat Thins
Dinner (Plans): 4 oz broiled salmon & the other half of that baked potato w/salsa (or a veggie from the grocery store trip)
Fluids: Water (& the milk from breakfast).

Workout: At least 35 minutes on the Huckleberry Trail (walking/jogging). Amanda & her son, Carson, are supposed to come with me. Carson will be on his bike -- so that should keep the pace up! And "8-Minute Abs" when I get home!

I would like to mention, that although the past two days have been very starch heavy, they are MUCH smaller portions than normal. So, at least there's that!




2 comments:

  1. funny. on sunday I decided I wanted to try and train for a marathon late this year or early the next and I thought about blogging it just like this. I probably won't though since it's no longer original.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I stole this blogging idea from a co-worker, Sarah, who is training for a marathon! I figured it might be a good way to keep me motivated & help hold me accountable.

    ReplyDelete